Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2010

R&R


Even they need a break ...

If my Flag Counter below counts accurately I have five readers in the US, two in Canada and two in the UK. Great! To keep you interested I need to write at least one blog not in German – right? I hope you will overlook the fact that my English has become quite rusty, but what can you expect: 23 years have passed since my last exam in a language that I always liked … I will give my very best! And you: feel free to comment.

Today is a rest-and-recreation-day. My right shin hurts; no, not like a shin-splint, something minor I guess. But since I already have accumulated 80 km this week - hey, it is only Wednesday; three days more to go, ehm, run - and since Alfred Witting ist right saying: “The marathoners most important run unit is the break!” I enjoy a relaxing day (i.e.: no sports, as Churchill allegedly said), ending with – no, no cigar, no portwine, but with an even more relaxing massage. Thank you, C.!

So tomorrow will be the perfect day for cross training: Nordic Walking – a fine alternative to running which allows you to keep your long-distance level and, at the same time, avoid overtraining. Swimming. Maybe indoor climbing, that will do - oh, I almost forgot: weekend is still three days away… before heading for my sports plan you will find me at my office, then.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen